Parish records online sussex
The 1911 census provides details on an individual's age, residence, place of birth, relations and occupation. Selham, Lodsworth, Tillington, Burton, Duncton, Petworth, Sutton, Coates, Egdean, Fittleworth, Bury, Cold Waltham, and Stopham, to Stopham meadow, which is thence navigable to the river Arun near Stopham bridge.
Provides a reference to order copies of death certificates from the national registrar of births, marriages and deaths – the General Register Office. Other less considerable rivers in this county are the Lavant, the Cuckmere, the Ashbourn, and the Asten; all which, as well as the rivers whose courses have been described, are confined within the limits of Sussex.
The index provides the area where the birth was registered, mother's maiden name from September 1911 and a reference to order a birth certificate. The Adur, which is sometimes called the Beeding, rises also in St.
An index to marriages registered throughout England & Wales. Leonard’s Forest, and running almost parallel to the Arun, passes by Steyning, and Bramher, from whence it is likewise called Bramber Water; it discharges itself into the British Channel at New-Shoreham.
A comprehensive place-by-place gazetteer, listing key historical and contemporary facts. Carp is the chief stock; but tench, perch, eels, and pike are raised. The usual season for drawing the ponds, is either autumn or spring: the sale is regulated by measure, from the eye to the fork of the tail. In Burton park is a fine reach of water, yielding carp, tench, perch, pike, &c. Lord Egremont has several noble ponds for breeding, and others for fattening, one immediately under another, with streams running through them.
Contains details on local schools, churches, government and other institutions. The Sussex Comity Lunatic Asylum, occupies an elevated position about one mile south-east from the Haywards Heath railway station, in grounds of about 245 acres; the building is in the Lombardo-Venetian style, and was opened for the reception of patients 35 July, 1859; in 1873 additions were made and continued till 1885, bringing the cost up to about £174,000: there is a chapel for the use of the officials and inmates; the number of patients in 1898 was 903. They are fished every third year, and the best reserved for the slews, but none sold.
Search for parish records online sussex:
The searchable books consist of indexed books that were transcribed and published many years ago, many over 110 years old.